Tofu, also called bean curd, is a creamy, high-protein, low-fat soy product typically sold in blocks.
Extra firm tofu is the perfect vegan alternative to paneer! The naturally high water content of firm tofu makes it necessary to first drain and press it with a cloth/tissue paper, otherwise, it won't absorb flavours and take on a firm, crisp texture when you cook it. Once it's pressed, cut the tofu into the desired shape and size (slices, slabs, cubes, or crumble with your fingers) before you begin cooking.
Why tofu works for you:
- Improved muscular health (complete protein)
- Increases bone strength (calcium, iron)
- Promotes a healthy heart (low cholesterol)
- Helps manage diabetes (isoflavones)
How to retain nutritional value (storage tips):
- Consume within 7-10 days of packaging.
- Keep refrigerated at all times. Do not freeze.
- Any opened/unconsumed tofu should be stored in a box with fresh water.
- It can be seared, grilled, fried, steamed, stewed, baked, roasted, deep-fried, and even "scrambled" for a vegan-friendly version of scrambled eggs
Place your order 1 day in advance before 12 noon to receive fresh stock the very next day!
- Pan-fried sesame garlic tofu