Healthy, Easy Smoothie Bowls with Indian Ingredients
- DARK CHERRY SMOOTHIE BOWL
This recipe is extremely simple but that’s something that you will love so much about it. Simple and satisfying!
- 2 Frozen Bananas
- 1 Cup Dark Frozen Cherries
- Water to blend
- Add all the ingredients to your blender and blend on high until it is completely smooth!
- Add water depending on how thick you want your smoothie to be. I try to add as little water as possible because I love my smoothie bowls extra thick.
- Top with any granola, coconut, fruits, nuts or seeds and enjoy!
- 2. STRAWBERRY BANANA OATMEAL
The great thing about this breakfast bowl is that you can get really creative with what you put inside and on top of it.
For the Oatmeal
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any other plant-based alternative)
- 1 banana (1/2 for throwing inside, 1/2 for the topping)
- a handful of strawberries
- 2 teaspoon chia seeds
- Crushed almonds
- Desiccated coconut
- Roasted buckwheat
- Goji berries
- Mix the rolled oats, water and almond milk together in a saucepan.
- Add half of the banana, strawberries and chia seeds and let cook for 2-3 minutes until the liquid is absorbed and the oats are hot and creamy. If it gets too sticky and dry, add some milk until it’s creamy again. I put regular oats in my blender to get rolled oats because it gets more sticky, but you can also just use the regular ones, just add more liquids and let it cook for a few more minutes.
- Once it has the desired consistency, place everything in a bowl, add the toppings you like and enjoy!
- 3. GREEN ENERGY BOWL
The secret for making a super creamy, thick and ice cold smoothie bowl lies in the frozen fruit. Instead of adding crushed ice into your blender, simply use frozen bananas and mangos and voila! You’ll get the perfect consistency.
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 2 dates
- 2-3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 kiwi fruit
- dash of coconut water
- banana, sliced
- dates, pitted and chopped
- Kiwi or chia seeds
- dried blueberries
- coconut flakes
- Place all the smoothie ingredients into the blender and mix on high until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl and decorate with your favorite topping.
- 4. BLUEBERRY AND LEMON BOWL
This lemon blueberry breakfast bowl has just the right amount of sweetness. Plus, it's very healthy. Blueberries are high in fiber , they're lower in sugar than most other fruits and they're super high in antioxidants. This lemon blueberry breakfast bowl takes about 5 minutes to make.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- Coarsely chop pumpkin seeds.
- Transfer to a bowl and add sunflower seeds.
- Combine blueberries (reserving 1 tablespoon), lemon juice and maple syrup into a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer blueberry mixture to your bowl of seeds and stir to combine.
- Top with remaining blueberries.
- 5. BERRY COCONUT SMOOTHIE BOWL
Monday mornings can be rough for some. So, brighten up the start of your week with this beautiful breakfast bowl! It's loaded with good-for-you ingredients like bananas, mixed berries, coconut water, flaxseed meal, and oats, and the best part is it can be completely customized to your liking.
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut water, or almond milk
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 2 large frozen bananas
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- Fresh berries and/or sliced fruits
- Toasted seeds
- Dried coconut shreds
- Granola clusters or cereal
- Cocoa nibs or dark chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients for the smoothies in a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- For an extra thick smoothie allow it to sit for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Pour into bowls and serve with any toppings you'd like.
- 6. CHOCOLATE ALMOND BUTTER SMOOTHIE BOWL
It is a purely thick and creamy blissful treat with only a few simple ingredients! Inspired by my love of this flavor combination, this Chocolate Almond Butter Smoothie Bowl makes for a great way to start the day
- 2 large frozen bananas
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 – 4 ice cubes
- sliced bananas
- chopped almonds
- Place bananas, almond butter, cocoa powder, optional vanilla, milk and ice cubes into a blender, blend until smooth.
- Serve in small to medium-sized bowls with optional toppings of choice.